Our vision is to provide safe, secure, affordable housing and support services for individuals and families living with HIV/AIDS to increase the opportunity for health, wellness, independent living and a sense of community.
We work with families and individuals in BC living with HIV/AIDS who have low/limited income, are inadequately housed or are at risk of homelessness and may require additional resources to maintain suitable housing or shelter based on individual needs.
We achieve our vision through:
- Providing housing options- government subsidized housing, portable subsidies, supportive housing and community partnerships
- Managing living facilities where respect, safety and a sense of community are encouraged.
- Building capacity and promote stability by providing support services and referrals to health and community resources
- Creating strong and unique partnerships with community organizations, health providers and ASOs to deliver services and programs
- Seeking additional opportunities to expand MHS’s housing stock and related support services
- Fundraising and promoting awareness in the wider community of McLaren’s creative, distinct and innovative programs and services
- Building community and volunteer engagement in the society’s service framework
- The provision of comfortable, safe and affordable housing
- An opportunity to create a home – a safe and welcome living space
- Greater personal wellness, independence and stability
- Opportunities to make informed, healthy choices and live full lives
- Promote increased community engagement, and the creation of a personal social network
- An individual’s inherent right to have a place to call home
In our work we promote accountability, collaboration, community building, engagement, respect and positive health.