A healthy, responsive and inclusive community for people living with HIV/AIDS.
To provide housing and support services for individuals and families living with HIV/AIDS, and to increase their opportunities for improved health, wellness, independent living and sense of community.
Our clients are living in BC living on low/limited incomes, inadequately housed or at risk of homeless. They may require additional resources to maintain suitable housing or shelter based on individual needs.
We achieve our mission through:
- Providing housing options- government subsidized housing, portable subsidies, supportive housing and community partnerships
- Managing living facilities where respect, safety and a sense of community are encouraged
- Building capacity and promoting stability by providing support services and referrals to health and community resources
- Creating strong and unique partnerships with community organizations, health providers, and Aids Service Organizations to deliver services and programs
- Seeking additional opportunities to expand McLaren Housing’s housing stock and related support services
- Fundraising and promoting awareness in the wider community of McLaren Housing’s creative, distinct and innovative programs and services
- Building community and volunteer engagement in the society’s service framework
- The provision of comfortable, safe and affordable housing
- An opportunity to create a home – a safe and welcome living space
- Greater personal wellness, independence and stability
- Opportunities to make informed, healthy choices and live full lives
- Promote increased community engagement, and the creation of a personal social network
- An individual’s inherent right to have a place to call home
Our Core Values:
- Support and Respect
- Diversity and Creativity